Become a TKC
Benefits of TKC Membership
- Being a part of a growing network of innovators across diverse settings and audiences changing lives through food
- Access to TKC materials, including course curricula developed by member institutions, best practices, recipes for various participant populations, and more
- Research support to help drive outcomes and build the literature base
- Invitation to one in-person meeting each year (pandemic allowing), to learn about various teaching kitchen models and engage in productive dialogue towards shared goals
- Discounted registration to the Teaching Kitchen Research Day conferences
- Opportunity to join working groups and committees driving next-generation strategy and long-term health outcomes
- Existing teaching kitchen(s) in medical, corporate, academic or community settings with demonstrated support from your institutional leadership
- Capacity to participate in and openly contribute to shared goals of TKC for minimum of two years
- Commitment to be active in at least two of the TKC Committees
- Send up to four representatives to one in-person meeting each year
We seek to answer the question: what can we do together that we cannot do on our own?
Are you a nonprofit organization with a teaching kitchen? Apply here to become a member. Applications for the 2022 calendar year are accepted until August 31st, 2021. The annual membership fee is $3,500 per nonprofit organization.
We receive many more inquiries than we can handle, but will do our best to reply, answer questions, and offer support and recommendations. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to our Member Services Lead at email@example.com with any questions.
Are you a corporate organization interested in supporting our work? Our corporate sponsor members fuel and learn from our membership of leading clinical centers, educational institutions, and public institutions across the world.
Not Ready for Membership?
By being a member of the teaching kitchen collaborative, we've been able to focus on the things that we do well, like food, and tap into the expertise of all of the other members on things like outcomes based research.Compass Group
It's just been fabulous, hearing from all of the other members, the discussions, the collaborations and the opportunities we have going forward to work as teams and across institutions all over the country.Dartmouth-Hitchcock
Us doing this individually won't have as big of an impact as us coming together to really share and learn and implement our learnings in developing the best practices and looking at what are some research models that we can do. that is going to be powerful.MaineGeneral
The benefit of being part of the collaborative is that it really helps us to resource good information so I see it as not just a network of people collaborating together but I think it will really be a rich database for us to access some of the research that's going on. It is a network, too, so the ability to develop relationships with people around tbe country...for that matter, around the world...is an opportunity that I think we couldn't have gotten anywhere else.Hackensack Meridian Health
I think the capacity for multi-site research trials around food and mindful living and exercise and movement is enormous...to be able to scale up...as opposed to one kitchen if we're thirty...and then sixty...and one hundred...the capacity to reach so many more kids and families...University of Cincinnati