Become a TKC
Benefits of TKC Membership
- Information sharing and networking with a dynamic group of leading organizations committed to advancing the use of teaching kitchens across a diverse range of settings and audiences.
- Access to TKC materials, including course curricula developed by member institutions, best practices, recipes for various participant populations, and more.
- Invitation to one in-person meeting each year (pandemic allowing), hosted by a TKC member organization, to see and hear about various teaching kitchen models being implemented and to engage in productive dialogue towards shared goals.
- Discounted registration to the Teaching Kitchen Research Day conferences.
- Opportunity to serve on a series of working groups and/or committees to drive next-generation strategy and collaborative research on best practices for culinary literacy and integrative lifestyle transformation.
- Existing and/or planned teaching kitchen(s) in medical, corporate, academic or community settings with demonstrated support from your institutional leadership
- Capacity to participate in and openly contribute to shared goals of TKC for minimum of two years, sending up to four representatives to one in-person meeting each year.
- Commitment to join and contribute meaningfully to at least two of the TKC Committees.
There is an annual membership fee of $3500 per non-profit organization due by the end of each calendar year. Corporate (for profit) membership is also by invitation and subject to review by the TKC’s Advisory Board.
Applications are accepted until June 30 for membership beginning January 1 of the following year.
In order to facilitate the creation of a dynamic, action-oriented network, membership in the TKC is currently invitation-only. We receive many more inquiries than we can handle, but will do our best to reply, answer questions, and offer support and recommendations.
By being a member of the teaching kitchen collaborative, we've been able to focus on the things that we do well, like food, and tap into the expertise of all of the other members on things like outcomes based research.Compass Group
It's just been fabulous, hearing from all of the other members, the discussions, the collaborations and the opportunities we have going forward to work as teams and across institutions all over the country.Dartmouth-Hitchcock
Us doing this individually won't have as big of an impact as us coming together to really share and learn and implement our learnings in developing the best practices and looking at what are some research models that we can do. that is going to be powerful.MaineGeneral
The benefit of being part of the collaborative is that it really helps us to resource good information so I see it as not just a network of people collaborating together but I think it will really be a rich database for us to access some of the research that's going on. It is a network, too, so the ability to develop relationships with people around tbe country...for that matter, around the world...is an opportunity that I think we couldn't have gotten anywhere else.Hackensack Meridian Health
I think the capacity for multi-site research trials around food and mindful living and exercise and movement is enormous...to be able to scale up...as opposed to one kitchen if we're thirty...and then sixty...and one hundred...the capacity to reach so many more kids and families...University of Cincinnati